This girl is too tired to write anything clever, so just enjoy the pics.
Thursday, 29 April 2010
Wednesday, 28 April 2010
Beware everyone in Stockholm. Tomorrow two crazy girls will be visiting the Swedish capital for some culture and good food. No shopping is planned but they might be sipping on a couple of coctails in order to celebrate the upcoming Workers Days* (unemployed students are entitled to start the party a bit earlier :))
*people usually only have one of these days a year. We have several. Party, party.
And FANTASTIC NEWS. I haven’t been following national ice-hockey in a long. long time but today my favourite team from the good old days won the Finnish League. Wohoo. HYVÄ TEPSI!
You asked about my breakfast, well... does it count as breakfast if you have your first meal at 1 pm? Today there was no time for eating before that.
What you’ll need to achieve this (just mix it all!!)
1 garlic clove
½ red onion
some feta cheese and a few slices of yellow pepper
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Needless to say what country we are talking about here.
Oh, I’ll give you the original expressions, too... in case you feel like discussing politics with some old little lady on the streets of Budapest.
Salami tactics –> szalámitaktika
Goulash communism –> gulyáskommunizmus
I have been carrying around on this beautiful gym bag of mine the whole day. Of course, the aim was to hide any healthy habits I may or may not have inside a plastic bag from the Finnish national alcoholic beverage retailing monopoly (wow, that’s long and complicated for something that’s only known as Alko). So, shh, don’t tell anyone what’s really inside.
Monday, 26 April 2010
Say hello to Miss Absent-Minded. I had a job interview today, but of course I got lost /there is something very strange going on here, I have been getting lost a lot lately, in a place where I’ve spent about 20 years of my life. And it’s not even a big place. A town of 10,000 souls to be more precise/. Anyhow, once I found the right place, I had a very nice chat with the girl and it was almost fun.
Apart from this, it's evidently time (have you seen the sunshine?) for pink nail polish. Пролеће, ја те обожавам! [Spring, I adore you]
Sunday, 25 April 2010
One more post for today. If you are not interested in my exercising, then stop reading NOW.
Basically, I’m writing this down so that I’ll have all the information in one place, in case I’ll ever want to start comparing results or check up on my development.
Monday: running – 30 min., cycling – 40 min.
Tuesday: nordic walking – apr. 30 min.
Wednesday: swimming – 50 min.
Friday: running/walking – 30 min., walking – 60 min., cycling – 40 min.
Saturday: no time for exercise.
Sunday: running – 30 min.
And last but not least, a Spanish treat:
The last few years have been strange to say the least: I have studied, travelled, lived and worked abroad, even enjoyed myself most of the time. But somehow I managed to get myself lost somewhere on the way. So, for the past few months I have been busy trying to re-discover myself. It has been the beginning of a long journey, and this far I have only been trying to put together ideas, attempting to get a structure for this project. It feels like I’m at point zero, I know where I want to go but I have to find the right tools to get there.
Mind mapping should be known to everyone: it’s an efficient tool for organizing, classifying and solving problems of different kinds. I have created one to get my dreams and priorities in order. Next up is a mind map for goals.
Has any of you ever tried this?
Yey, what fun. Well, the fun bit is that there are some real good stuff to look forward to at the end of the week: trip to Stockholm and May Day.
Oh, and job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck! Now back to our Hungarian heroes.
Photo from Amazon.co.uk
Friday, 23 April 2010
Thursday, 22 April 2010
Most important plans seem to be made over a cup of cappuccino. Or tea. Or both. Now that we know that Stockholm will happen next week, we can concentrate on more basic stuff: like a bit of work and a lot of studying.
[Paulo Coelho: The Zahir]
and a new favourite song:
Love the lyrics!!
Wednesday, 21 April 2010
Before she dies, Zsuzsi will...
1) Stand on her head in true yogi-style.
2) Work as a freelancer OR have her own company. Who needs a boss?
3) Get a proper Master’s degree. The one she’s doing right now does not count.
4) Study psychology. The secret dream.
5) Run a marathon. And survive.
6) Go on a roatrip through Eastern Europe.
7) Write a novel.
8) Write a novel in Prague. (not the same as above, mind you)
9) Get fluent in all the languages she is studying or has studied.
10) Travel to every country in the world. There are still about 180 left.
11) Work in a tea shop. And drink tea while doing so.
12) Own her own library. Like in those old English novels. And it has to have BIG windows.
13) Get married. With someone wonderful, amazing and absolutely gorgeous.
14) Make someone smile every day.
15) Learn fencing...
16)... and pole dancing.
17) Work with positive psychology and wellness.
18) Dance in the rain. [or maybe just laugh in the rain. So much that she gets stomach cramps]
19) Have champagne and raspberries for breakfast.
20) Translate an entire book.
21) Sleep under a palm tree.
22) Be grateful everyday.
23) Ride a motorbike.
24) Ger her driver’s licence.
25) Kiss a girl.
26) Climb a mountain. Not a hill. A proper mountain [now we just need to define what a proper mountain is]
27) Swim in all seven seas.
28) Read the complete works of Albert Camus and Jean-Paul Sartre in French.
29) Do some kind of voluntary work for an international organisation.
30) Donate blood.
31) Make her own ice-cream.
32) Go to Kamchatka (this is the only place that will be mentioned separately)
33) Get a dog that will be named Frunze.
34) Win a game of chess.
35) Grow vegetables and herbs. And make sure they don’t die.
36) Paint something. Anything.
37) Send her parents on holiday to... Jamaica. Because they deserve it more than anything else.
38) Learn bellydancing.
39) Make a dress.
40) Watch Star Wars and Star Trek so that she will finally learn to know the difference between the two. Preferably without falling asleep in the middle of the action.
41) Overcome her fear of cows by touching one.
42) Throw out a TV through the window –like a real rock’n’roll star.
43) Buy food for a homeless person.
44) Play hide-and-seek in a strange city.
45) Eat only ice-cream for a whole day.
46) Live until the day she turns 100.
47) Protest against something.
48) Blow bubbles in a place with a lot of people.
49) Tell all her friends and family how important they are.
50) Invent her own coctail.
What do you want to do before you die?
Yellow is the one colour I associate with summer, and even a little dose of it adds a lot of energy and optimism to life. So that’s one mission: find something yellow to wear with jeans, shorts or own its own this summer!
And the kettle... isn’t it just adorable?
Tuesday, 20 April 2010
Monday, 19 April 2010
Some of you are familiar with Tomi or Miss Fluffy, now say hello to her mother Mimi. Mimi is not as cuddly and sociable as Tomi, but she has her moments of pure genius, like when she eats plants to protest against whatever it is she’s upset about.