Friday 9 April 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

A bit older, but none the wiser. Still no wrinkles. Lots of energy. That's what it feels like to be 26. Oh my gosh. In my head I'm still 22. A 22-year-old with issues. [as a matter of fact, I think I have more issues now than when I was 22].
The knot of anxiety is growing each day, and soon I will probably explode. But no worries. Today I will try to behave like a mature 26-year-old. I will do my best not to break down and start howling in front of people [please keep anything containing alcohol FAR AWAY from me].
At least it's sunny and warm: summery feelings have already invaded me, so much that I couldn't help taking my shoes off and walk on the hot asphalt. The hairdresser was also very kind and instead of messing it all up, she gave me a very nice look indeed.
Now I will celebrate like a real grown-up: with some strawberries and sparkling wine in the sun [on an empty stomach. my gosh #2: this ain't gonna be pretty]. 
Oh well, at least I'm lucky enough to have a birthday, so I should stop complaining and start enjoying this day.
So, I hope that a year from now I will be a lot wiser, I wish all my "birthday-twins" a very adventurous birthday and I would also like to thank my friends and family for their wishes. 


Picture

7 comments:

knickknacks said...

Happy birthday, fellow Aries!!! =)
Have a great one today! C'mon, you deserve some alcohol (minus the wailing!)! ;)

Zsuzsi said...

Thanks :) And happy birthday to you too, fellow Aries (am I sending you the wishes too early or too late?)

The Invisible Seductress said...

Happy Happy HAPPY Birthday beautiful!!!

Go Crazy said...

Hyvää syntymäpäivää!
Seuraavan kerran, kun tulee olo, että pitäisi olla vielä 22, niin aattele, että olet kuitenkin vielä kaksikymppinen... Ikävämpää oisi, jos kolmikymppisenä haikailisit 22- - tai 26-vuotiaaksi...

Zsuzsi said...

The Invisible Seductress: thank you!

Satu: tuo on kyllä aivan totta. Yritän pitää mielessä seuraavan kerran kun ajatukset hurahtavat väärään suuntaan. Ja kiitos onnitteluista!

Senorita said...

Happy Birthday ! I am 29 and I still feel like I am 25.

Le Hamster Ruso said...

Felicidades!! :D