Sunday 1 August 2010

Detox + training

After a strange summer, it’s now time to start planning the autumn. (no matter how hot it’s outside, my autumn always begins in August).
I feel extremely bloated, sluggish and dissatisfied with myself. For you the below photo might be "not too bad", but I simply don’t recognise myself, instead I see a rather cute elephant.
DSCN3559
I’m going to start it nicely with a two-week detox. During the first phase, which lasts 4 days, I will:
  • avoid caffeine (:()
  • avoid alcohol
  • stop using salt (which is already OK because I never add salt to my food)
  • avoid sugar
  • avoid red meat
  • drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
  • avoid dairy: this is the most difficult point for me.
During these two weeks I will go for long walks, as well as do a daily session of pilates and/or yoga.
When the two weeks are up, I will need to follow a stricter meal plan + start running again + join a gym.
What are my goals then?
  • I want my old clothes to fit.
  • My ideal weight is my "Russian weight", and it’s the one I’m aiming for. It’s crazy, but let’s see if I get all the way down there.
  • I want to run a 10K in January and a half marathon in April. If everything goes according to plan, I will be celebrating my next birthday in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, running and in great company! :)
  • I want my body to be toned, not just boney.
  • And last but not least: I want to learn to cook eat healthy food that actually tastes good.
Do you have any similar projects? Or perhaps any good advice?

2 comments:

KATTA's BEACH said...

You go girl!! I have similar goals as well :) I have set my mind to start running.. And that is scary..! But most important of all.. its A CHALLANGE!!

"I will not fail"

haha..

all luck to you :)

Zsuzsi said...

Katta: cheers :) I'm sure that with your attitude you will be a great runner in no time :) And thanks again for all the inspiration, you're the best!