Sunday 1 August 2010

Going for 5000

Jess over at Have we met? is doing this incredibly long meme and I thought I'd tag along since a) these things are fun and b) it'll be fun reading the answers someday in the distant future.  

This is the first part of many. 

1. Who are you?
I'm Zsuzsi, a tea-drinking and language-loving nutball from Finland. I grew up on a godforsaken island in the middle of nowhere, aiming to a) get the hell out of there and b) be different from anyone else. Considering that I'm stranded in Spain doing a lot of random things, I think I managed pretty well. 

2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?


  • if I love you, I'll love you until death do us apart. If not, then I won't be wasting too much energy on you.


  • I think that your life is what you make out of it, so stop complaining.


  • I was born blonde, please keep that in mind.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
I do spend quite a lot of time planning the things I should be doing. The things I should be doing are exercise and study.

4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time). 

Likes: foreign languages, ethics of international relations, psychology, philosophy, social sciences.
Dislikes: physics, chemistry, and biology. 
5. What is your biggest goal for this year? 
Be happy and join a gym

6. Where do you want to be in 5 years? 
I want to a) have my own company and b) have finished all my studies. I also want to be fitter than ever      before. 

7. What stage of life are you in right now? 
Right now [as in, this very moment] I'm in a stage where I need to fix myself after too much stress. I've also just figured out what I want to do with my life, so now it's time to start working towards those goals. 

8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I'd say child-like, let's just say that I'd rather be slightly naïve than too cynical.

9. What is the last thing you said out loud? 
      Gracias
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now? 
Długość Dźwięku Samotności by Myslovitz.

11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
No.

12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Better. 

13. Does time really heal all wounds
Yeah, I think it does, unless the wounds kill you first.


14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I love rainy days so I cuddle up with a blanket, drink tea, daydream, read a good book with a BIG cup of tea in my hand AND listen to the rain.

15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
I don't care about holiday lights, or should this be flights?... and if you lose your luggage you have the perfect excuse to buy new stuff... so neither option is worse than the other. But I really hate everything that is somehow related to Alicante airport: they are masters of screwing things up over there.

16. How is your relationship with your parents?  Will you miss them when they are gone?
Very good. I miss not having them near, and I will miss them like mad when they are gone.

17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Haha, usually I have no clue about anything.

18. What is the truest thing that you know?
La vida es maravillosa. 

19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
A sea captain or a pilot. 

20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Hmm. Thus far I have been so lucky that I haven't needed one. 

21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
Depends on the moment: right now I'm more of a taker, because I need heaps of energy and love. 

22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
I try to. 

23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Probably when I poured hot water all over my hand: so as you can see, I have been LUCKY in life. 

24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I try to think that everything that happens, happens for a reason. There have been painful times, but had I not gone through them, I wouldn't be where I am today. 

25. Who have you hugged today?
My boyfriend. 

26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Boyfriend made me coffee. 

27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Hell yeah. You never know enough, and if you think you do, then you are dumber than I thought. 

28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
Hmm. I can’t think of anything, I’d rather work for my accomplishments. 

29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How people make me feel. 

30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Laughter, love and mutual understanding. 

31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
Become fluent in "my" languages, find my home and go completely mad 

32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing? 
Harming someone to such an extent that they would never get over it.


33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Fight against racism and the well-being of immigrants and refugees. 

34. What does each decade make you think of:
The 1920's: cool fashion. Inter-war period in Europe. New states.
30's: Polarization. Fear. Crisis.  
40's: War. Crazy leaders. International organisations.
50's: Middle-class. Tourism. Baby boom.
60's: Empty. Drugs. Happiness. 
70's: Abba. Crazy fashion. Superficial. Oil crisis.
And here somewhere the era of innocence just ceases to exist.
80's: pop music. The Berlin Wall. Change.
90's: The European Union. The Balkans. Happy times.
2000: Adventures. Technology. School. Terrorism.
2010's: The world going crazy. Strange climate. Now.
 
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
None.
 
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
"What A Wonderful World" is a nice oldie.  
 
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?  If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
I consider that I live in two countries. To the president of the Republic of Finland, Tarja Halonen, I would say: "Thanks for doing a good job, I admire you very much". To the PM of Spain, José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, I'd fire a question regarding his long-lost twin Mr. Bean and also recommend him to move his party where it ought to be, the left. (He might also need a definition of what the left actually is).

38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
I don't watch TV in the middle of the night.

39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Disney? Villain? Oh no, cartoons are not my thing says the girl who rather read the encyclopedia. 

40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
No.

41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Take a boat. Or go on horseback to Asia.

42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
I'm sure there is someone out there who can give a great answer to this question.

43. What does your name mean?
It means "lily" in Hebrew.

44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
The ocean.

45. Word association.  What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air:  breeze.
Meat:  vegetarian
Different:  Albert Camus
Pink:  curtains
Deserve:  treasure
White:  lily
Elvis:  Calvin and Hobbes
Magic:  Charmed
Heart:  Love.
Clash:  war
Pulp:  Pulpo Paul

46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
Tupac Shakur or Kurt Cobain. An unbelievable duo that inspired me greatly back in the good old days. I should probably want to meet some superimportant person, but the truth is that I wouldn't know what to say to them. "Meeting" Lenin was a good sort of compromise: didn't need to think about what to say to the guy since he wouldn't have answered anyway. A few years back, when I was doing my BA, I would wake up in the middle of the night, thinking: "now, what would Lenin say about this?". But anyhow, I doubt the kind guards at the Mausoleum would have let me embark on a converastion about IR and Marxism with the dead guy.  

47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive? 
Right now I'd like to meet all those people who are very dear to me but living too far away.  
 
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Eurotrip is so ridiculous that it makes you laugh every single time. But if we are talking about love... then any film by Pedro Almodovar would do. 

49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
An entire library

50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved? 
No and no.

No comments: