Tuesday 24 August 2010

Then and Now

An old classmate found me on facebook the other day, and she mentioned right away that I had changed a lot and that I looked happy (now, who would not change in ten years?).

But it made me think. And yes, I’m a very happy person, and that’s something I should never forget. I’m surrounded by great people, I’m doing something I enjoy a lot AND I have found some kind of inner peace. My mistakes and experiences have taught me well, so there is very little in this world that scares, meaning that I can spend all my energy on focusing on happiness and the future.

Right now I’m sooo excited because I just found the timetable for my Hungarian classes. The first semester we will be doing grammar and conversation, whereas in the second semester it’s time to focus on Text Analysis (wonderful, I can’t wait for that one to start) and Hungarian literature.

Now I still need to fix the registration for psychology, after which the paperwork should be done. More or less (still need to get books, usernames, etc.)

After work I’m also supposed to go for a little run, fingers crossed than I won’t boil to death out there.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I skipped my 10 year high school reunion a few years back. Just didn't feel like reliving that part of my life again. Besides, most of my previous classmates have found me on Facebook and confirmed why I did not attend.

Hungarian Literature!! I'm so impressed.

Zsuzsi said...

Jessica: that sounds familiar... good thing that we both managed to escape!
Don't be impressed, save it for the day I start reading it in the original :)