Thursday 1 December 2011

Sore Muscles On A December Morning

Yesterday I worked out for the first time this week –  I was a bit pressed for time, so I opted for a good old Bodypump class. I like it, although it’s not as effective as “normal” strength training, and unless done properly, things can go horribly wrong. For those of you who don’t know what bodypump is, let me explain. It’s a class developed by Les Mills – the programme consists of 10 songs. During each song, one muscle group is being trained. Due to this format, the weights tend to be fairly light and the amount of reps is high. Many of the moves are basic – we are talking squats, lunges, curls, push-ups, crunches, rows, etc. The programme/release changes every 3 months, but most of the moves remain the same.

Yesterday my favourite was the bicep-song. Somehow bicep curls are so much more fun when you sing along to Livin’ On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.

 

And now it’s December. 24 days until Christmas. And soon it’s a new year. For me personally this will be a hectic month (at least all the Christmas shopping is done!!) – the plans include 2 trips to Sweden, 4 exams, a big assignment, celebrating everything from Finnish independence and the dog’s birthday to Christmas and New Year’s, and being social.

 

 

Happy December, dear readers!

 

No comments: