Monday 16 January 2012

The Walk

Beach 2012, here we come! My plan was to start morning cardio (in the form of good ol’ walking) when it’s light enough in the morning – but instead of waiting until March/April, my first morning walk took place today. I must admit that it felt very good during the walk, and even better afterwards. It was quite surprising, since I’m known to hate the winter and the cold. Usually I hide inside the house and refuse to go outside unless someone pushes me out through the door. The weather was wonderful this morning; a couple of degrees below zero and it wasn’t snowing until the very end. I will definitely continue with these walks whenever the weather permits them, because they are so good for both the body, and the mind.

 

This week’s exercise plan looks like this:

 

Monday: morning walk + strength training (legs + abs), possibly some running/walking.

Tuesday: pilates + running

Wednesday: strength training (chest + shoulders + triceps) + dance class *help*

Thursday: yoga

Friday: strength training (back + biceps + abs) + running

Saturday: DAY OFF *smile* (or maybe to the swimming pool with TT?)

Sunday:  strength training (triceps + biceps), pilates + running

 

Morning walks: at least three, ideally four or five, times during weekdays

 

And then the running plan, which is quite simple: 5K each time. I have a time from the beginning of the month that I want to improve as much as possible.

No comments: