Sunday 9 December 2012

And What Kind Of A World Do You Want To Live In?

A few weeks back I felt a sudden urge to go back home, back to Finland. Only for a few days and to collect my thoughts. It’s easy to fall into a rut, into certain paths of thinking – this was an attempt to shake my thoughts a little, to make my head go bang and boom.

I’ve been turning the pages in books: cookbooks, literature, philosophical ramblings. I’ve been lying on my spikmatta*. I’ve been listening to people.

At the end of the day, my collecting of thoughts have led me to greatest question of them all: what kind of a world do I want to live in? How can I contribute to that world? And how do I want to live my life?

Of course, the answer – when it’s found – is clear. To live in a way that guarantees my own wellbeing while contributing to some kind of greater good. I have a certain view of how society and the world should look like - for me it’s obvious, evident – and for me that is exactly what constitutes the greater good.

*This is a spikmatta:

PC080157

No comments: