Tuesday 3 December 2013

My Reality Is Not Like Yours [SK: Moja realita je iné ako tá tvoja]

I was supposed to get up early to study today. Instead I started to look up on the possibility to go to Maribor for the weekend. We will see what happens. The topics for my final sociology assignment are ready though: Social Stratification in the Nordic Countries and The Role of European Citizenship at a Cultural and a Political Level. I have a good feeling about this, it will be fun to write those essays.

Something I have been thinking about a lot is our perception of reality and how it influences our decisions and behaviour. The general feeling I have is one of insecurity and hopelessness. People try to make it on a day-to-day basis.  At the same time we are given information about what success looks like and how to attain it. Without success, you are nothing.

I will keep thinking about this and tell you if I find an answer. Until then: enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments: