Thursday 20 March 2014

čítaj to! [Read It!]

The ideas of Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky were first introduced to me a couple of years back when I was studying psychology. Back then we were discussing biases and how they affect our behaviour and decisions. I was immediately amazed – the emphasis on decisions was interesting and the complexity that lies behind decision-making is truly fascinating.

P3020076

So, I was very happy when I found Kahneman’s book Thinking, Fast and Slow. It deals with some of the very basics of human functioning; our thinking patterns and modes of decision-making.

“We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events.”
Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow

“Nothing in life is as important as you think it is when you are thinking of it.”
Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow

No comments: