Friday 2 January 2015

Habits

Habits, habits, habits 

Now, in the time of making resolutions and promises left and rights, let's spend a couple of moments thinking about habits. Good habits. When making a promise to myself, I usually approach the issue from a negative point of view: I need to let something go. An example of this is losing weight or getting rid of sugar. Even though the aim is a good one, the promise itself rests on the notion of deprivation. No more good food, no more sweets.This view (I think) is based on a very negative view of the self: I need to let go of things in order to be good enough. Now, this is a very ridiculous way to view oneself. So, instead. This year, I will add positive things to my life because I'm worth it. Yeah, yeah. It's a cliché, but if I don't think so, then who will?  Adding healthy food and exercise is a good thing because healthy, natural food tastes better and because working out makes me feel better. Really, the harder it gets, the better it feels.

So, what is it then that I want to add, apart from tasty food and great workouts? Here's a short list:


  • More quality time with friends and family
  • More adventures in the form of travelling and excursions
  • More time for things that I enjoy (learning languages, writing, photography, cooking, translation)
  • Adding mindful rest to my life
  • Being more thankful and grateful
  • Last but not least - I will be good to myself, not everything needs to be perfect all the time
How about you, what are your New Year's Resolutions? 









NaBloPoMo January 2015

No comments: