Wednesday 25 March 2015

Train Stories

Yesterday when sitting on the train...

...a girl in front of me was speaking an unfamiliar language. Strangely enough, I could understand everything she was saying. Odd? My guess is that it was a Slavic language but one can never be sure.

... I read a story about a kid who had given his Easter egg to a beg.. sorry, EU-migrant*. A good deed, indeed. However, is it still a good deed if someone (probably a parent) decides it's worth boasting about? Don't good deeds lose some of their shimmer and glimmer when people start making a big deal out of them?

...silence.

...interior design. Apparently people over 30 need to colour match their book shelves and have art in their homes. All these "shoulds", "musts" and "oughts" make me cringe. Especially when I have time to think about them on the train.


* the term EU-migrant is rather complicated, as media often uses the term to refer to homeless people from other (poorer) EU-countries. I have used it here slightly ironically. as the term could apply to any migrant from another EU country (including me). Please note that I'm discussing the term, not the people. You can read more about it here (in Swedish).



No comments: